From Kate Wilde:
“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it’s the only thing that ever does.” Margaret Mead.
I have this quote on my office wall. It inspires me to know that we, The Autism Treatment Center of America can change the way the world views and responds to children with autism no matter how few we are.
I also think of all of our Son-Rise Program parents;
- Opening their hearts to their children for exactly who they are today, not needing them to change..
- Joining their children in their isms,
- Reaching our their hands and asking their children to talk, interact and do the things that they have not yet done.
- Celebrating, celebrating, celebrating – every sound, gesture and attempt at interaction.
- Persistently positioning for eye contact
These actions are happening in Son-Rise Program playrooms around the world everyday, amounting to hundreds, thousands and millions of actions.
Think of the impact on the world this active passionate acceptance has.
It makes me smile to think of what we are creating in the world together.
So happy to be doing this with all of you!