“In The Son-Rise Program®, we use every opportunity we can to promote friendship skills, kindness, and ways to support our children and adult on the Autism Spectrum to feel happy, and good about themselves. We like to be their biggest cheerleaders and support team!
“Here are some ideas of songs that you can use when spending time with your teenager and adult while doing The Son-Rise Program®:
1. “Count on Me” by Bruno Mars
2. “Happy” by Pharrell Williams
3. “What a Wonderful World” by Louis Armstrong
4. “Celebrate Good Times… Come on”!!!
5. “Yellow Submarine” by Beatles
6. “Dance Monkey” by Tones and I
7. “You Can’t Stop the Girl” by Bebe Rexha
8. “Smile” by Katy Perry
9. “Octopus’ Garden” by Beatles
10. “Three Little Birds” by Bob Marley
“Instead of playing this music with a device, you can learn the songs and sing them to your teenager or adult child.
“If you have a talent for creating music or just feel extra creative today – write down the lyrics of the songs above and change them up! Make the songs about your child, or about things that your child loves. Be silly!
“Use an instrumental version of the songs above and do a karaoke night with the family!”
Have fun singing your heart out with your awesome child!
Written by Camila Titone, Senior Son-Rise Program Teacher